Saturday, August 11, 2012

Working with Nature

Hello everyone,

Ahhhh, a sigh of relief.  It has been so hot here for a very long time.  We were not used to it.  Luckily, the weather has cooled off and the rain has finally come.  My yard is screaming thank you.  But, my basement is not - it is screaming help. With the large amount of rain falling and our sump pump getting stuck I have a mini lake in my basement.  Oh well that the the life of a home owner, right?

So with the fan going in the basement. I thought I would take a moment a write to you a bit.  Most of you probably already now that I love sparkle and love to work with crystals.  But sometimes my country girl side comes out and I want to feel the coolness of the natural stones.  And lately I have been playing with wire too.  That is fun and relaxing and each piece comes out so different.

So today I thought I would share one of my natural element projects.  Last year, I made my sister in law  a simple abalone necklace.  She loves abalone, and making her a gift really helped on the budget. :)  So  I found a piece of abalone that I liked the pattern of.  Then I took a piece of wire and bent the wire around the abalone to give the finishing touch.  This was a free form finding, meaning I just bent the wire whichever way I wanted. Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo of the back of it.  I criss crossed the wire on the back in a nice pattern, that way the back of the pendant (in case it flipped over) looked pretty like the front.  The necklace turned out very nice.




To work on this project I got my supply of wire from Beadin' Mon!.  In fact I have to stop by the shop and pick up some more for another project I am going to be working on.

Just in case you are not into making jewelry, but love to wear it or give as gifts, Beadin' Mon also has a supply of finished pieces too.  They have one of a kind pieces of jewelry such as earrings, necklaces, rings, bracelets and the list goes on.  Stop by the shop to take a look.  And if you don't find what your looking for the staff may be able to custom create a piece just for you.  All you have to do is ask.  Check out the Beadin' Mon! website at www.beadinmon.com/

So until next time, Happy Beadin'.





No comments:

Post a Comment