Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pattern Project

Hello everyone,

I can't believe another weekend is ending so soon.  Time is just flying by, and I have so much to do.  I still haven't done any of my ornaments and I fear I won't get them done for this year.  Again, this year I have waited to long to start my projects.  I will at least get a few done, just not as many as I had hoped. I guess I should start next years gift making on January 1st, that should be enough time (I hope). :)

While I was cataloging all my magazines last week, I came across a few projects that I really wanted to make, and that was the reason I bought the magazine in the first place.  And at the time I purchased the magazine I didn't know how to do some of the techniques that were needed to complete the project.  

After working with beads for at least a few years now, I decided to give one of those patterns a try.  Here is the one I chose this week. 



I didn't  have the exact supplies called for, but I did have some nice substitutes that I could use.  I am pretty happy with the outcome. But, during it's construction I seriously thought about changing the design.  While I was playing with bead layout, I came up with a few designs of my own.  I was hoping to have that ready for you today, but I was lucky enough to get the first bracelet done. 

While working on the project, I followed the pattern to a T and didn't even think about it's final length until it was too late.  When I first started it did fit, but when I added the outside edge beads, it tightened up the stitching and made the bracelet a little short, just a bit to small. So to remedy that problem I decided that I am going to add a few jump rings to the one end, guess that now makes it adjustable. 

I wanted to say thanks to all the Beadin' Mon! staff. Without your guidance and classes over the last few years, I wouldn't have been able complete a project of this difficulty.  This project did take some time, but I was able to read the pattern and complete the necessary stitches. 

Remember if you need any supplies such as fireline, needles, seed beads, crystals or findings, to name a few, stop by Beadin' Mon! in Flint, Michigan.  Be sure to check out their online store at www.beadinmon.com.

On that note, I must get going, another project is waiting in the wings to get started on.  Until next time, Have a great week and Happy Beadin'




No comments:

Post a Comment