Saturday, July 21, 2012

Inexpensive Alternatives

Hello again everyone,

I hope Summer is treating you good.

As you must already know, the economy has been pretty tough. Usually I like to work with Swarovski crystals, but they can become expensive if you use a lot of them.  So if your on a tight budget try using some Fire Polish beads instead of the more expensive crystals.

Fire Polish beads are made of glass and to my understanding are finished by applying heat (hence the name "Fire" polish).  I had no idea that was why it was called that.   Some beads may have a coating on them to add that extra sparkle.  Fire Polish beads come in many colors, shapes and sizes.  Here I have some fire polish beads in 3 different sizes; 3mm, 4mm and 6mm.

Look at all the beads you get on one strand for a mere 2 or 3 bucks.  Cool hugh?



Well, I won't tie up your time anymore tonight.  Summer is calling and we must enjoy it while we can.  The above beads were all purchased at Beadin' Mon! Stop by and see the selection, it varies from time to time.  Or shop the online store front at www.shop.beadinmon.com/Preciosa-Czech-Fire-polished-glass-beads_c4.htm.

But be careful, you will want to purchase many of them.  That's how I got these.  I love the colors and the sizes - just haven't decided what I want to use them in.  So enjoy those summery nights and until next time "Happy Beadin'"

No comments:

Post a Comment