Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Momento Clasp

Hello again,

Today I wanted to show you a bracelet that I made using a pattern from a magazine.  For the most part, I did pretty good, but I remember having to ask for a little help from one of the teachers at Beadin' Mon!  I think it was a terminology thing.  SO if you are doing a project from a magazine and need a little help, stop by and ask and I know if the staff of Beadin' Mon can help you they will. If not, I'm sure they can steer you in the right direction.

When I decided to make this bracelet it was because I really wanted to make something using these gorgeous red seed beads.  I chose the clear AB (Arora Borealis) seed beads because I thought they looked nice together.  Nice and simple.  In my hast to use the seed beads, I forgot to pick up a clasp.  Silly me. Then my idea formed.  Use a button, so I choose this small button of pearly white that I picked out of my Moms button stash.

My Mom did a lot of sewing and always kept buttons that could be recycled to a new project. Unfortunately she passed away many years ago, but I kept some of her sewing stuff  so I have a big stash of buttons. Whenever I see my button clasp I think of her.  And I didn't think about until now, it's also red -which was her favorite color.

I like to wear my bracelets loose, because I like them to move around on my wrist.  Even though, my button is small, when the button ends up on the top of my arm, it not only acts as my closure piece it also becomes a focal point in the bracelet.





There it is, my finished bracelet and a close up of the stitching. If I'm not mistaken, I believe this stitch is the St. Petersburg chain stitch.  And once I understood the pattern of the beads, it became quite easy to do.

Purchase supplies for your own bracelet by stopping by Beadin' Mon! to check out their selection of seed beads and clasps. Or shop your stash for items that could become a closure and make your project a special momento from days past.  You can also shop the online store at www.beadinmon.com.

Hope you have a great day and until next time, Happy Beadin'.


No comments:

Post a Comment