Saturday, November 24, 2012

Christmas Adornments and some wire work

Hello again,

I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving and Black Friday.  Many of my friends and family took advantage of all the sales that were in progress.  Unfortunately, my husband and I didn't feel so hot so we remained home, in hopes of not spreading the virus to family and friends.

So in my time of recuperating, I have been looking through some of my books on beading (and watching Christmas movies, of course).  Which then got me in the mood to decorate.  Since all my home decorations are in the attic and I need help to get them down.  I could focus on working on jewelry which is decorations for us.  :)

Last year I wore a Crystal Tree that I got so many comments on.  I am hoping to design a few of my own holiday adornments.  But if you are not up to or don't have time to design your own, check out Beadin' Mon's saturday class called Christmas Earrings on December 1st, www.beadinmon.com/Classes.htm.  There are also lots of nice Christmas themed and inspired classes available too.

Lately, I have been playing with wire.  I so wanted to make a necklace using the pink ribbon bead that I used in my earring design.  So far, I have not come up with a solution that I am happy with. So I will keep on working on it.

Here is the Ribbon bead, I cut the wire too short, but I think
I'm headed in the right direction.

I originally wanted to dangle a bead from the center loop,
but again I had cut the wire too short.  And maybe add
some beads to jazz it up a bit.

Again, I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend.  If your hand crafting your gifts this year I hope you are able to achieve all that you set out to do.  

Remember to check out all the Christmas themed classes and the Christmas Earring Class at Beadin' Mon! www.beadinmon.com on December 1st.  I believe all the supplies are part of a kit, and I like kits because it's a great way to try something new without spending a heap of money.  

Until next time, have a great weekend and happy beadin'

No comments:

Post a Comment