Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fixed Earrings

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I had a hard time figuring out what I wanted to write about today.  I have so many projects in the works and waiting to be done it was overwhelming.  So today I decided to do something I have been meaning to do for quite a while. Fix a pair of earrings that I love.

Back before I started doing bead work I went with my step-mom to a craft show where I found a necklace and earring set that I absolutely loved...art deco in design and in a few shades of blue and of course sparkly.  Well, she went back in while I was look at something else and bought them for me as a birthday gift.

 I loved wearing them, but one day they necklace broke, but I was able to fix it with a jump ring.  Then the post on one earring busted clean off. I was so disappointed. What to do, luckily I was at Beadin' Mon! one day and saw posts for earrings. I asked how do I use these and bought  a pair.  I also bought some glue that is used in jewelry making and took them home.

I get distracted quite easy sometimes so of course these got set aside and forgotten.  So today, I figured you know I think I will finally fix my blue earrings and here they are.


So now my problem is.. do I break off the other post and replace it too or do I leave it till it happens naturally?   Thing is I really don't want to lose my earrings.  So I guess that answers my question.  I will clip off the old post as close to the base as possible and glue the new one in place. 

As I mentioned before, I purchased my replacement posts and glue from Beadin' Mon! and I got some valuable do it yourself fix your jewelry tips.  If you need some of your jewelry repaired stop by the shop and see if they have what they need. Or visit the online shop at www.beadinmon.com.   If not I'm sure they will be able to give you an alternate plan of attack or order the parts needed. 

Also remember Holiday season is just around the corner.  I have yet to find my ornament pattern that I want to make for family and friends this year.  I better get it in gear.  And I promise I will show my projects when finished.  Until next time, Happy Beadin'.


No comments:

Post a Comment