Saturday, November 17, 2012

Inexpensive Ornament

Hello again Beading Fans,

It's getting that time of year again.  Thanksgiving is next week - the kick off to the Christmas season.  Over the last few years, my husband and I have been doing more making of homemade gifts instead of buying gifts.

We started doing that because most of our family members really didn't need anything and we thought it would be more special to make it from the heart.  And of course it helps the budget out too. Don't get me wrong, we do still purchase a few items, just not all of them.  Plus I really enjoy making gifts, It just makes Christmas feel more personal.

So here is something you can try.  It's inexpensive, fairly quick and easy to do.  I ran across these simple metal ornaments at the end of last season and picked these up for little money.  Of course I stashed them away for this year.  If I had thought about it, I could of made these up during the summer and be one step ahead for this year.

Anyway, here is what I did.



I picked out some seed beads that I had on hand and cut a length of wire.  I simply threaded the wire through the hole to anchor it.  Then I  randomly put the beads on the wire, twisting the wire together in a few places to hold all the beads in place. Curl the end of wire using the tip of your round nose pliers to finish the end off and keep all the beads in place.   Then I curled the beaded wire around a pencil to add a little movement to the ornament. If you don't have seed beads, you can use any beads you have on hand.

If you are in need of seed beads, stop by the shop and take a look at the selection of sizes, colors and styles.  Remember if you can't visit the shop, stop by our online shop at www.beadinmon.com and check out all the beads available.  

Hope you like my little ornament project and I look forward to seeing you after Thanksgiving.  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving  and until next time, Happy Beadin' (gobble gobble) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment