Wednesday, April 25, 2012

No Superman Here

I like bending metal with my hands. I'm not bending I beams or anything like that (no Superman here), but to make something beautiful from metal and glass makes me feel great.  Each piece of jewelry is a mini work of art...and I get to wear it.

As you know I love to learn new techniques and the best way I have found to try out something is to take a class.  To learn wire wrapping, I started with something that was quick and turned out to be easy.  In fact, you can start with this project too.  I see on the website (www.beadinmon.com) that the class list is up and ready for you to sign up.  

I like this project because I can choose what colors of stones, how many stones and what metal wire I want to use.  Another reason I like this project is I also get to decide what profile I want my ring to have.  I don't like my rings to stand too high on my finger.  The high profiles always get caught on stuff, snagging my favorite sweater, you know that kind of thing and that makes me sad.  

The wire is inexpensive and easy to work with.  The beads you will use, is your choice and you only need a few so they end up being inexpensive also.  And only a few tools are needed to create these little beauties. Once you know the basics, the door is open to your imagination.  And the knowledge you get from taking the class with be well work the cost, which by the way is inexpensive.  And an added bonus is you get to meet new people and spend your time doing something you love (well, I hope you love it). 

Here is my ring that I wear all the time.  I love blue and silver together, plus I wear a lot of blue.  And you can't go wrong with crystal - it goes with everything. :)  

Top View
Profile View
Sign up at the store (Beadin' Mon!) and don't forget to mark your calendars for Wednesday, May 9th at 11am.  I hope you like it as much as I do. As always, feel free to browse our classes and  shop our fairly new online store at www.beadinmon.com.  Until next time, Happy Beadin'

No comments:

Post a Comment