Monday, May 21, 2012

Color Choosing

Hi everyone,  I hope you had a great weekend.  Today I wanted to show you a handy little tool that will help you choose color combinations for your projects.  It's the color wheel.  Sorry about the glare in the one spot.  

I own two color wheels.  And each is helpful in its own way.  I like to use these when I am stumped on what colors to put together. And sometimes I come up with color combinations I never really thought about before.  Makes planing a project interesting and keeps me from getting into a rut.





The one on the left is the one I use all the time with my graphic arts work.  I like this one because it shows me many different options of color combinations.  Even on the back is loaded with information.  I got this one at a store that sells art supplies.

The one on the right is one that was provided through a magazine.  Here you photo copied the page, cut out and pined together to create one helpful little gadget.  This color wheel is not as in depth as the first but it contains helpful info too.  First you pick out your main color along the outside, and the windows in the wheel reveal what the harmonious color, contrasting color and what gemstones that match your selected color.

If you don't own one of these wheels, you can always ask for help at Beadin' Mon! Asking for advice has it's perks too.  The bonus to asking is a person is that they can advise you on color trends that are popular at that particular moment in time.  And remember, if you can't make it to the store, you can always browse our online shop at beadinmon.com.  Hope you have an excellent day and until next time, Happy Beadin'

No comments:

Post a Comment