Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Summer is here again

Ahhh, warm weather and sunshine.  What a lovely day.

Hello again.  It seems as though Summer has returned to us for another year.  The time of season where you can show off your jewelry any time of day because there are no heavy coats to conceal our fabulous sparkles. I love things that sparkle, but every now and then I go for the natural gemstones to change things up for a while.

Today I was thinking of Arizona. You see one of my good friends moved their a few years ago, and I just got to chat with her on the phone for a few moments.  So thinking of her in Arizona and jewelry, I thought I would show you a bracelet that I made (during a class) that seems so Southwest to me.  Its made with Turquoise, copper beads, black beads and silver craft wire. When I think southwest, turquoise just instantly pops into my head. A great color to combine with turquoise is, in this case, black and I decided I  wanted to bring another metal into play, so I picked copper.  I love the earthy tones of copper, it just seems to warm the piece up a bit and I think all these beads work well together.





This bracelet is so easy to make and comfortable to wear.  It wears nicely with jeans and a t-shirt or dressed up for a special occasion.  Don't you just love jewelry like that? And the great thing is I made it.
A few simple instructions of how to make the frame with coil decoration, and then you add your own touch of bead selection in any arrangement you like.  Form it to fit around your wrist and presto change-o you have a southwest inspired bracelet. You too can make a bracelet like this one.  I got all my supplies from Beadin Mon! and I took the class here too.  Stop by today or browse our online shop at www.beadinmon.com to pick your own combination or beads.

Hope you all have a great holiday weekend and until next time Happy Beadin'

No comments:

Post a Comment