Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

I have been enjoying my day off of work and the beautiful weather of this weekend that marks the start of summer.  Only a few more days and kids will done with another season of schooling.  Ahh, I remember those days, to be young and carefree.

But, more importantly, I wanted to take a moment and thank all the veterans and service persons, past, present and future, who give us protection and defend our rights to be free.  Thank you all and may God bless you and your families.

Today, I wanted to show you a patriotic bracelet that I made during a class at Beadin' Mon!  This was my first time doing a peyote stitch with a graphic to it, once I got started and learned to read the pattern,  it was actually pretty easy to do.  It's like making tiny tapestries to wear as jewelry.  See my posting on April 9th for directions on how to do even count peyote.



I sometimes catch myself playing with the beads between my fingers, its like a tiny massage for my fingertips.  It reminds of those beaded seat covers for your car seat. :)

I know I have mentioned this before, but taking a class will help you in a number of ways. First you have one on one help (if needed), you can ask as many questions as needed to help you succeed and you learn how to read patterns.  Once you learn to read patterns you may be able to make up your own.  How fun would that be?  I have seen some patterns that are real beauties.

So on that note, I remind you stop by Beadin' Mon! and check our classes or shop our bead selections. And if you can't stop by, feel free to browse our website and online store at www.beadinmon.com.  What will your next pattern be?  Until next time Happy Beadin'






No comments:

Post a Comment