Monday, May 7, 2012

My Chain Station Review

So I showed you a photo of me wearing my finished Mumbo Jumbo last week.  I mentioned in an earlier blog about using the Chain Station, which proved to be helpful in this project.  Out of curiosity, I decided to attach a few of the fringe elements without using the Chain Station, just so I could compare.

Here are my thoughts.  It really did help for the most part.  First it kept your chain tight so you could easily add more than one fringe element to the chain link.  Secondly, it kept the chain straight so you cold see where you wanted to add your particular fringe element. I was able to easily see and distribute my color more evenly, no clumps of silver or blue.  And thirdly, it brought my work up closer to my face so you could see better and I wasn't so hunched over.  No hunchback here. :)

So then I tried a few fringe elements without the Chain station.  Doing it this way I found that on certain chain links it was easier to close jump rings nice and tight.  My chain had big links that were connected with a tiny link.  To evenly space my fringe pieces I wanted to place one fringe element on the tiny links too.  These were much easier for me to get to and keep a hold of with my finger.  I felt I sometimes had to hold my hands in an ackward position when using the station to close a jump ring on these linkst.  But, after closing each jump ring I then had to re-lay out the bracelet so I could add another element.  Well, that took a ton of time, more than I wanted to spend.

So, in the future, I will for sure be using the Chain Station.  Its benefits far out weight the negatives.  I hope you give it a try if you haven't already.



Heres the finished bracelet. I decided to leave the extra chain on the end, so it became adjustable. To add interest I added one fringe element  to the end of the chain.  That way the end looks pretty too.

To assist in making your fringe style bracelets, get your chain station at Beadin' Mon! located on Miller Rd in Flint, MI.  As usual, if you are unable to stop by the shop, feel free to check out our class schedule and our online store at www.beadinmon.com.

Happy Beadin' everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment