Monday, February 13, 2012

Round Nose Pliers

Hello again, I hope you all had a great weekend.  Today I wanted to add another tool to our toolbox, the round nose pliers.  These are used for making loops. And it seems like loops are used everywhere.

Loops can be used as connecting devices or as a bail for a pendant.  The size of the loop depends on where on the pliers you place your wire.  To make more consistent shaped loops, mark your pliers with a permanent marker at your desired size.  As you can see in the photo, my mark is wearing off.  But,  I am discovering as I work with my designs  to make my loops different sizes depending on what the project is.  Such as when making a pendant I like to make the biggest size loop I can so my bail will fit over the end of my necklace, and I use smaller sizes for making connecting pieces on anklets, bracelets and necklaces.
I'm sure that may seem obvious, but I never really thought about it before.  Now I make sure to think about how my piece will be worn and go from there.

Join me Wednesday when I show you how to make a wrapped loop.



Remember when picking up your supplies from Beadin' Mon! to purchase some wire to experiment and play with.  They carry several gauges of wire to choose from.

Until Wednesday, happy beading.   Oh and everyone have a Happy Valentines Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment