Monday, February 20, 2012

Wire Cutters

Greetings, I hope you all had a great weekend.  It was so nice to see the sun.

Today, I would like to show you some Wire Cutters, a great tool to keep handy when beading.  Here is a photo of the ones that I own.  This is actually my second pair, the first pair I didn't like so much when I started using them.  These make clean cuts and are comfortable to hold, not to mention easy to get into tight areas.



Notice that there are two sides to the cutters.  One side has the angled edge (shown) and the other side (backside) is flat.  The side that you have toward the piece will determine what end cut the project wire will have.  If you place your cutters on the wire with the angled edge facing toward the project, your wire ends will have a pointed angled end.  If you place your cutters on the wire with the flat side toward the project your wire ends will be flat.

NOTE: When clipping off tails or ends,  Make sure you are going to clip the correct wire.  I have actually finished a piece and went to finish off the ends and.... clipped the wrong wire. Oops, I had to remake the project.

So until Wednesday, take a few moments and check out www.beadinmon.com. As I mentioned last week, Beadin' Mon! now sells Preciosa Czech Fire-polished glass beads in a variety of colors and sizes on the website, there are lots to chose from. And if you happen to be in the area stop by and pick up some findings for your stash. Have a great day and happy beading.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks Becky for your lesson. It is often forgotten to remember what side you are cutting from. Great Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I was hoping to share the obvious, of course, but also the little things that sometimes get lost in the conversation.

      Delete